• Check that the dongle mute switch is off.
• Go to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound. Verify the Dongle is seen on the Playback Tab and that it is the default device. Click on the Recording Tab. Can you see the Headset Microphone?
• If not right click anywhere in the white space and verify “Show Disable Devices” and “Show Disconnected Devices” are both checked. Now right click and make the Headset Microphone default.
• If device manager shows “Realtek” sound drives, unplug the headset and possibly the web cam and then download and install the latest “Realtek” drives. After installation is complete and the machine has rebooted reinsert the headset and test by opening “Voice Recorder” in windows 10 and have customer record their own voice. In the Cortana search tool type: Voice Record, click on Mic in middle of app and talk. Click again to stop. Now click triangle to playback. Also, if you are using the Realtek audio software, it may be overriding the Windows settings.
• In the Cortana search tool type: “Microphone Privacy Settings”. Verify “Let apps use my Microphone” is “On” and then click all appropriate apps that can use the mic.
• Skype – Ask customer to go to Settings / Audio and make a test call. This will help verify to the customer that the headset and mic is working with the PC and Skype.
• Mumble – Ask customer to go to Settings / Audio and make a test call. This will help verify to the customer that the headset and mic is working with the PC and Mumble
• Discord – Go to settings > Choose “Input mode” change to Push to Talk also slide the Sensitivity to the middle.FAQ: KHX-011717-HDST-16
Make sure all of the connections are correct, including the ones to the control box or extension cable.
- Check that the microphone is plugged all the way into the head set.
- If you can verify that audio connections are working using an alternate microphone and speakers.
-See if the headset works with another computer or device.
- Check your audio settings to make sure the speakers and microphone are enabled and not muted or volume turned down too low. In many cases, the microphone on a computer is disabled or muted.
- Try to disable any audio software specifically for your audio adapter or other third party audio software and use the default audio controls in your operating system.
- If you are using the control box, make sure the volume there is turned up. Be aware this volume control is for the headphones only.
- Verify that the control box mute switch is not in the mute position.
-Check the audio settings in the game or application you are using. If you have tried the steps above and the headphones or microphone are still not working, please contact Kingston technical support for assistance.
This headset will work with the Xbox One with headset adapter from Microsoft.
It is not supported with the Xbox 360 or PS3.FAQ: KHX-080114-HDST-04
The headset must be selected as the default audio device in your sound settings.
1. Open up Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound and then select Sound.
2. If the “HyperX 7.1 Audio” is not currently the default audio device, right-click on the option and select “Set as Default Device.”
3. This should place a green check mark next to the default audio device. Repeat the same steps for the microphone portion of the headset, located under the “Recording” tab (also found in the Sound program in Control Panel.)
1. Click the Apple menu and select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
2. In “System Preferences”, click on the ‘Sound’ icon.
3. Click on the Input tab and select “HyperX 7.1 Audio” for default sound input.
4. Click on the Output tab and select “HyperX 7.1 Audio” for default sound output.
Note: The headset may appear as "USB audio" instead of "HyperX 7.1 Audio".FAQ: KHX-010715-HDST-05
Our headsets will work with most mobile devices using the 3.5 mm headset jack.
There are two headset audio jack standards, Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) and Open Mobile Terminal Platform (OMTP). Our headsets use a CTIA standard connector which will work with the majority of mobile devices. Some mobile devices use the OMTP connector standard, if your mobile device uses an OMTP standard connector, you may experience connection issues. You can purchase a third party adapter cable to use the headset with an OMTP device.FAQ: KHX-051515-HDST-08
For optimal use with PlayStation® 4 (PS4®), unplug the headset jack from the USB control box and connect audio jack on the headset directly to the PS4 game controller and follow these steps:
1. Turn on your PS4® game console.
2. Navigate to the Settings Menu and select it.
3. Highlight the ‘Devices’ menu option and select it.
4. Scroll down to ‘Audio Devices’ and select it.
5. Choose ‘Output to Headphones’ and select ‘All Audio.’FAQ: KHX-090915-HDST-11
When using the USB control box, the mic volume cannot be adjusted in Windows. It can only be adjusted with the control box. If the mic volume does not adjust with the control box, please contact technical support.FAQ: KHX-110315-HDST-12
The mic mute switch may be in the mute position. Make sure you have it in the un-mute position (toward the headset connection).FAQ: KHX-121115-HDST-13
Please update your USB dongle's firmware by referring to the following link. This should resolve this issue. Instructions are posted on this page.
Please update your USB dongle's firmware by referring to the following link. This should resolve this issue. Instructions are posted on this page.FAQ: KHX-030416-HDST-15