The headset must be selected as the default audio device in your sound settings.
1. Open up Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound and then select Sound.
2. If the “HyperX 7.1 Audio” is not currently the default audio device, right-click on the option and select “Set as Default Device.”
3. This should place a green check mark next to the default audio device. Repeat the same steps for the microphone portion of the headset, located under the “Recording” tab (also found in the Sound program in Control Panel.)
1. Click the Apple menu and select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
2. In “System Preferences”, click on the ‘Sound’ icon.
3. Click on the Input tab and select “HyperX 7.1 Audio” for default sound input.
4. Click on the Output tab and select “HyperX 7.1 Audio” for default sound output.
Note: The headset may appear as "USB audio" instead of "HyperX 7.1 Audio".FAQ: KHX-020817-HSCRS-03
When using the USB control box, the mic volume cannot be adjusted in Windows. It can only be adjusted with the control box. If the mic volume does not adjust with the control box, please contact technical support.FAQ: KHX-020817-HSCRS-04
The mic mute switch may be in the mute position. Make sure you have it in the un-mute position (toward the headset connection).FAQ: KHX-1211 KHX-020817-HSCRS-05
The USB dongle is compatible with PCs running Windows, MacOS and Linux versions that support Dolby surround as well as ChromeOS and Steam. It will also work with Playstation 4 using the USB or the 3.5mm connection on the game controller. With other devices such as mobile devices and Xbox one, only the 3.5mm connection can be used. The USB dongle is not be supported.FAQ: KHX-020817-HSCRS-01
You can press the button on the side of the control box to enable specific EQ modes. One of the lights next to the button will light up each time you press the button. Each one is for a different EQ mode. The different modes, from top to bottom, are Vocal, Flat, and Bass Boost.FAQ: KHX-020817-HSCRS-02